Monday, October 7, 2013

There and Back Again

It has been a long time since I last wrote, and even then my last posting was about my diet soda addiction. Well, I am happy to announce I am no longer addicted to it, I still have it every once in a while but it is no longer something my body thinks it needs. Though my addiction to diet soda has changed, it isn't the only thing that changed. My life took a drastic turn on August 18th when I was fired from my only source of income. So here is an update and the story of why I am now living on my Dad's best friend's couch in my new home of Boise Idaho instead of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho where I was going to school. 
The story begins at the end of July 2013...

In case you didn't know, I spent the majority of my adolescence in Caldwell, Idaho and moved on Coeur d'Alene, Idaho in 2011 after graduation to be closer to my boyfriend (Dillon) at the time and to go to North Idaho College. We broke up October 2011 and continued to stay in touch while enjoying college life as single adults.

July 2013 I took 2 days off from work to take a road trip to Boise to visit friends, well I ended up spending all 5 days with Dillon and with that, realizing we still wanted to be together because after 2 years of being broken up we realized the "freedoms" of single adults only held a temporary happiness. A freedom necessary for young adults to experience in order to buckle down for a successful future. 
A few weeks later, Dillon said he found a cool new job and randomly said 'now you should find a job down here!' this through me off. I had an apartment with 2 of the coolest girls I know and a good paying job...why on earth would I leave all of this? I wanted to be closer to him, but without guarantee of a relationship, I couldn't take the risk of leaving a good paying job and the luxury of my own home.

I couldn't go back to NIC for at least a semester because I had failed 2 classes, so I was just going to work for a semester..like insane hours with the end of summer so I could just continue paying my bills and save with the intention of doing minimal extra activities or partying with the approach of the cold weather. Unfortunately, my job's regulations had become very strict and without going to far into detail, my stay at my current job was reaching an end. This, was days after Dillon told me to move. So I had to weigh my options...

After some thought and realizing I had limited time to make an adult decision and decide what is best for me. I decided it was too risky to spend every penny I had left looking for a new job only to hit disappointment when rent was due and I had no money for it. So, I told my roommates I would be moving out and I told Dillon I would be moving down to Boise to be with him. I spent the majority of my days doing nothing but watching Netflix. As the month neared an end, I found another call center in Boise and took a spontaneous road trip only to get the job! And with that, I made preparations to move down here and be with the man I love.

Since then I have been working at my new job and living on my Dad's best friends couch. Dillon has been staying here too and it has been nothing short of perfect. Even though it sucks that we have opposing work schedules for now, I think we have plenty of time together on days off and plenty of time to miss each other while we're at work.

I am behind on my bills but having Dillon by my side has made this struggle and transition worth it every step of the way (:

My plan now, is to finish my associates degree at the community college here in Boise, move into an apartment with Dillon, and get a good teaching job with my bachelors! I don't know what our future holds but I know it has both of us in it!

We also want to go to church together. I am so excited.

I love you, Dillon Profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers